Monday, November 9, 2009

Weekend Update

Hello again friends,
Words cannot describe how awesome this past Friday/Saturday were for me. I got to spend some birthday time with a volunteer for his birthday celebration in Kvareli, as it was a birthday shortly followed by Ilioba. As mentioned, -oba is used for holidays, and so Friday-Saturday were Johnnioba and Sunday- Ilioba, representing Ilya Chavchavadze, a famous Georgian writer/poet. It was amazing. That's all I can say. I hope to get video up soon. :) Kvareli is beautiful and houses the Ilya Chavchavadze Museum and statue in his honor.

Also, I have been going through some continued culture shock, and I can definitely say that I'm looking forward to having more stability after the first 6 months at site. Or at least, that's how I feel at this point in time. Also, I'm in love with my SM's organization leaders. They are so sweet and kind-hearted and I love seeing them.

"The IST is next week", and I'll have you know those 5 words contain 10,000 leagues under the sea of excitement. It's gonna be tons of work, but a definite holiday from the daily grind, which I must say in accordance with Lauren, it could not have been at a better time! There's a lake we can swim in, even though it's pretty cold. I want to go swimming, but alas I don't live in Walgreens, I live in Georgia where the temperature would probably not allow for it without undue hypothermia.

Furthermore, I'm going to visit my PST host family this weekend, with possibility of a side excursion with aforementioned person(s).

I have a package in Tbilisi, hint hint, which I will probably get during the IST.

That's all I'm inspired to write for now, just wanted to give you a brief update. Also, if you have any ideas for Thanksgiving dishes, or ideas, hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment