Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hey Good Lookin, Whatcha Got Cookin?

To whom it may concern,

I have finished one season of the Office. My host brothers wanted to watch it with me, but due to a majority of the humor being in dialogue form, they didn't laugh nearly as much as I.

Today I went to school for day #2. I observed one counterpart (CP) who had been teaching the longest. You could tell that she had really developed her teaching skills, however, could have spoken a lot more in English. I'm almost positive I will be working with her on her 11th and 12th graders, getting them ready for the final exams. Then the second CP I was supposed to observe was no where to be found. The director was very busy, and the other did not know where she was. I have three other CPs who are more than eager and enthusiastic to work with me, so I left for the day. We'll see how the rest of the week plays out. I got the three other CP's schedules, and I am going to make a grid of all the classes and grade levels so that I may observe them appropriately for the next 2 weeks. I am to observe all CPs for 2 weeks and then make a decision on which CP and which grades I want to work more closely with. Our school is Mon thru Sat, so I'm going to try and work it so that I may have a weekend! Time management is what it's all about!

I have made it my goal to start cooking more with my host mother. I went with her today after class to the bazaar. It was my first time there. She asked me what kinds of fruit I wanted. We have apples at home, which I'm fine with, but I don't want to make her go out of her way to buy food for me. When we got apples, I told her that I love to make an American dessert with apples. Any guesses? Apple pie, hope I didn't give it away. So she is very interested in how to make American food and asked me for the recipe, but wanted it all in Georgian. So I went on Food Network's website, got Paula Deen's recipe and then transcribed it into Georgian, and also converted all of the measurements of cups and tablespoons into grams. Then I looked up how to make your own light brown sugar. It recommended 1 cup of regular sugar to 2 tablespoons of molasses. As I do not have molasses handy, I am going to try it with a really thick muraba juice, which is the syrup from preserved fruit. We'll see how that goes... I'm slightly leery about it.

Then today, we decided that strawberries would be a good fruit to buy. I helped take the tops off of them, sweetened them, and put them in the freezer for a short while for them to cool off. Then, after I got back from ventures chem sitematetan ertad (with my SM) my host mother surprised us all with a delicious chocolate strawberry cake, which after having been refrigerated was reminiscent of an oreo. :(

I was so frustrated with my physical condition, I tried to lift weights and could not only lift nothing but got tired quickly. Then we went for a run, shh.... don't tell Dr. Marina! and it was pathetic. So I went home ate dinner, rotted online and am now going to sleep. Until tomorrow!

-Jefferson

No comments:

Post a Comment